With Guarda, you remain in control of your keys at all times, and your funds cannot be used by anyone else. Like other mobile wallets, the keys to your funds are secured and encrypted on your own device. You use a PIN to access the Guarda app.
Guarda also has a built-in exchange service, so you can trade coins from within the wallet.
Eventually, Guarda plans to be a multi-currency wallet that supports bitcoin, Monero, Litecoin, and Zcash. Today, however, the wallet comes in three separate versions, including Guarda Ethereum, Guarda Ethereum Classic, and Guarda Bitcoin, with each wallet supporting its respective currency. The wallets are available to download as three separate apps.
Guarda’s developers emphasize the following features:
- You retain hold of your private keys, and your funds cannot be used by anyone without your permission
- User-friendly UI
- Fast (your transaction appears on the blockchain in less than a second)
- Built-in exchange service that lets you transfer money between cryptocurrencies
- Buy tokens with a credit card
- Multi-currency support (you can download Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Bitcoin wallets separately)
- Application is secured using your personal PIN
- Gas limit and fee transaction modes available
- Backup your wallet at any time
Like other wallet apps, Guarda has partnered with Changelly to provide in-platform exchange services. You can hold funds in your Guarda wallet, then transfer them between currencies using Changelly.
Guarda Wallet For Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
Guarda made headlines in October 2017 for being the first wallet to officially support Bitcoin Gold. The wallet was the first and only wallet mentioned on the Bitcoin Gold website.
Other wallets have since announced their support for Bitcoin Gold, including Coinomi and Freewallet.
Guarda is a cryptocurrency wallet available for Android, with an iOS version expected to launch in the near future. Today, the developers have released three versions of the wallet, including one for Ethereum, one for Ethereum Classic, and one for Bitcoin. You can download the app to store each cryptocurrency, then exchange your currencies within the app. Guarda has partnered with exchange service Changelly to provide in-platform exchanges.