Conversant (formerly ValueClick Media) is a large display advertising network, rivaling Google AdSense and Media.net in terms of quality. In addition to their display ad network, Conversant is the holding company for CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction), Conversant Ad Server (formerly Mediaplex), Conversant Tag Manager (formerly Master TMS), and Conversant Enterprise Solutions (formerly Dotomi). This review will focus specifically on Conversant’s display ad network.
- What We Like: Low traffic minimum, big brand-name advertisers, decent performance.
- What We Don’t Like: Some low quality, or spammy-looking, ads.
Conversant Company Stats
Conversant Support & Contact Information
- Address: 30699 Russell Ranch Rd Ste 250, Westlake Village CA 91362
- Phone Number: 818-575-4500
- Support Email: email@example.com
- Publisher Terms: http://www.valueclickmedia.com/pub-display-agreement
- Traffic Minimum: 3,000 monthly pageviews.
- Publisher Language Requirement: Must be in English.
- Prohibited Publisher Content: “Any Websites that relate to or have any characteristic of the following must be approved in writing by ValueClick and shall be on a case by case basis: (i) excessive ads, app – quest/test, user generated content (blogs, forums, discussion boards, chat rooms, etc.) that is not regulated, (ii) foreign websites, (iii) controversial issues (e.g. religion, sexual orientation and/or edgy humor), (iv) wrestling, (v) anime, (vi) gaming, (vii) old content, and/or (viii) poor quality design and functionality.”
Advertisers & Offers
- Advertising Types: Display.
- Offer Types: CPC, CPM.
- Verticals: All.
- Network Size: Unknown.
- Sampling of Publishers: Unknown.
- Creating an Ad Unit: Generating new ad code is very straightforward and takes only a few seconds to accomplish. From the “Ad Code” panel, be sure to select your site name when creating a new ad, even if you only have one. Most publishers will use the Recommended Conversant ads–standard 728×90, 200×250, and 160×600 ad units. Conversant also offer a couple “combo ad units,” which can accommodate multiple sizes (specifically, there is a 728×90 / 468×60 ad and a 120×600 / 160×600 ad). Using these ads lets Conversant serve ads of either size through this code, which should lead to improved performance. In our experience with these “flex” ad spots, both sizes appeared on the site.
- Display Ad Unit Sizes Available: 728×90, 120×600, 300×250, 468×60, 160×600, 180×150, pop-unders, InVue, interstitials, half-page, flexible banner, in-text links.
- Compatible with Google AdSense: Yes.
- Mobile Ad Units Available: Yes.
- WordPress Plugin Available: No.
Related Reading : RevenueHits Review : Best CPM Ads
Publisher Reporting & Admin Control Panel
- Control Panel: Conversant has developed a good, user-friendly admin control panel for publishers in their network. Upon first logging in, the main dashboard quickly gives a view of the current month’s daily eranings, along with a 48-hour earnings snapshot and a report of monthly stats by ad type. Publishers can click around to the Reports; Media Manager, where they can set options for ad campaigns; Filters, where they can blacklist or whitelist certain advertisers or content; Ad Code; Sites & Apps, where they can set options for their sites; Account, where they can set account and payment settings; and InfoCenter, which is a knowledge base and FAQ section.
- Reporting: The main Reports page is the dashboard that publishers will see upon login. From here, the snapshot report can be set to display any month and filtered by site. More highly customizable reports are available by clicking “Earnings” on the left sidebar. From here, the user may set any date range, and filter by media type, site, and country. Reports are also available for default impressions and fill rate, as well as payments.
- Control Panel URL: https://admin.valueclickmedia.com/corp/login
- Payment Methods Available: Check, Direct Deposit, PayPal.
- Payment Terms: Net-60 (but usually within 25 days).
- Minimum Payout Threshold: $25.
Conversant Payment Proof
- Knowledge Base URL: https://pub.valueclickmedia.com/info_center
- Personal Account Manager: No.
- Easy to Contact Support: Yes
Conversant may not be the right alternative to replace AdSense permanently, it can be an alternative for people who want to experiment or for the time being change their ad network. It can also work in combination with AdSense.